Carrots-The red beauties are a rich source of beta carotene,antioxidants and fiber.They are also a good source of Vitamin A, C, iron, folate, potassium etc.
Here in Mumbai,we get carrots almost all round the year.But these carrots don’t really look or taste as great as the local seasonal red carrots which are available during winters.
Apart from eating them raw, one of my favorite recipe with these carrots is a simple easy quick and tasty carrot Koshimbir/salad.
Red carrots-3 grated
Roasted peanuts (slightly crushed)- 1/2 cup
Lime juice-2 tsp
Salt-as per taste
Grated coconut and coriander for garnishing
- Wash carrots thoroughly.Grate them.
- Vertically slit green chillies and add it to the grated carrot.
- Add in the roasted and crushed peanut, salt, sugar and lime juice.Mix properly.
- Garnish with finely chopped coriander and grated coconut.
- Serve it with food or have it with roti/bhakri.It tastes equally good with both.
Make sure you enjoy the local season carrots.Try this recipe and give ur review.