On my recceñt trip to the local market, I found these green beauties-The Green tomatoes.The moment I saw them I knew I had to try them out so bought a kg of these to experiment.
To give a nutritional background of these, Green tomatoes are rich source of -vitamin C, beta carotene, fiber, vitamin k, potassium, magnesium, phosphorus, calcium and many other vital nutrient.
Getting back to the kitchen experiment, after searching for the best recipe online and reading multiple of those I finally decided to give it a shot.Frankly, I haven’t followed any particular recipe.My version is simple, quick, easy to make with minimal ingredients.
So here is my version of of green tangy tomato…
- Raw tomatoes from the local farmers market(firm and green with a stalk if possible-to ensure freshness)-1 kg
- Onions (finely chopped)-3 medium size.
- Red chilli powder
- Roasted jeera powder*optional
- Heat oil in a non stick wok.Add in the crushed garlic.*Crushed garlic gives you a distinct flavour.
- Then add onions. Sautée till they turn pinkish brown.
- Add chopped raw tomatoes to it.
- When the tomatoes get slightly cooked.Add red chilli powder, roasted jeera powder, salt and little sugar.Cook till done.
- You can serve it with roti/chapati or even rice.
Do give it a try and let me know how it tastes.Also, if you have any interesting recipes do share them across…