Variyali Sharbat is a popular beverage from Gujarat.It is made from fresh fennel seeds.This beverage is a great summer coolant apart from that it also aids in digestion.
There are multiple ways in which it is made some add it cloves to it, some have it plain, so have it with a dash of khuskhus which again is a great coolant.
- Variyali (fennel seed) 6 tsp
- Elaichi(cardamon) powder 1 pinch
- Khus khus(poppy seeds) 1tsp *optional
- Mint leaves to garnish 2-3 no.
- Sugar 2-3 tsp
- Water 2 glass
- Ice cubes 3-4
- Grind variyali, elaichi powder, khus khus to fine powder.
- Take 2 glass water in a jug.
- Add the ground powdered sugar.
- Stir well till sugar dissolves.
- Add in the mixture of variyali, elaichi and khuskhus.Mix well.
- Strain and serve fresh in a glass with ice cubes and garnish with mint leaves